Wednesday, June 21, 2017

LSAG: Newsletter Changing of the Guard

Dear LSAG Members,

Thank you for the past 5 years of serving as your newsletter editor.  It has been an enjoyable and fulfilling opportunity to assist in this capacity.  I've been blessed by the friendships & connections I've made along the way.  Communications have always been a part of my life, and combined with art, it was the first way I felt I could give back to an organization I care deeply about and one that has given me so much more than I could possibly ever return.  Of the jobs in LSAG I've had the privilege to do, it is the only one I did for this long-- or wanted to do for any length of time.  :-)  

I encourage you all to think about what outside of creating art makes you happy and serve LSAG or your local league in that way.  If you love numbers, consider the treasury; if your passion is organizing, maybe you are the next Show Chair or President of your league.  If education is your heart, perhaps coordinating the demo artists for your league would inspire you even further.  We have a huge organization with room for more hands to share in the tasks to take LSAG into the future.  Thomas Kinkade said it well: 


   
"Balance, peace, and joy are the fruit of a successful life.  It starts with recognizing your talents and finding ways to serve others by using them."  

 My other encouragement to you is to communicate with your greater guild by submitting posts for publication in the newsletter.  Some leagues do not take advantage of this free opportunity.  When you are considering how you can help your local league to grow, that is one place to start--the advantage of advertising.  

May you all continue to be enriched and share a little of your blessings to bless others.

Fondly,
Alice